Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Sunday Philosophy Club ...

The Sunday Philosophy Club

I finished reading this book this morning ...I  really enjoyed it!

It is the first Alexander McCall Smith novel I have read and I have already started the next novel in the series, "Friends, Lovers and Chocolate"!!

The story was easy to follow with great details describing situations. I felt the style of writing was very "English", which I enjoyed after reading a few America writers recently. There were some bits of the novel that I did skim over a little bit, details that didn't really relate to the actual story line as such.

The style of crime was "soft" / cosy crime, no gory descriptions and the solving of the crime was unpredictable!

I think I would like to also try some of this author's novels in the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency series too.

No comments:

Post a Comment